Can't get Faucet Seat out

I have a tub with a bit of a drip coming from the hot side. It comes out thru the spout, not around the stem. I've changed the washer a couple of times and tried to get the seat out.
No Luck.
Looking into the seat, it appears to be round. i.e.: no hex or square inside. i tried the multi step seat wrenches and they don't grab on anything.
Is it possible that this seat is not replaceable? The cold looks the same. I doubt if the guy before me wrecked them both.
i tried using a seat refinishing tool, but it didn't do any good. it says to just turn a few times. can anyone give me a better description of how to use this tool?
tia...thehick
If, like me, you live in a mobile home, the seats aren't removable. Replace entire faucet.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Frank in-toronto wrote:

with the brand and tell them you want to replace the seat.. they will show you the correct seat to put in and then you will know what you need to get it out.... i tried with a step seat tool and ruined some nylon seats years ago... then i found out the correct seat and just had to chip away at the old plastic seats until i got to the thread section and rethreaded the fixture and put the correct seats in..... hope you dont have to do the same thing....
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 12:04:53 -0400, Frank in-toronto

If I have tried all that you did, and still can not get the seats out, then it's time for a new faucet.
Frank in-toronto wrote:

I've had some luck with the seat dressing tool chucked in a drill; I like a small cordless lightweight. The big trick is getting the tool absolutely straight (right angles). Use the plastic cone to center the tool.
Before you ground the seat, were you able to see any imperfections in the surface?
Jim

it looked like there were some bad spots on the seat. i only turned the tool a few times by hand, and i'm not sure if i was square on. i've never used one before and i was under some time pressures. this faucet is not at my own home. so it's a few hour job for me to do anything. next time, i'll use the cone and a drill to turn it. my risk with this is that i may then ruin the seat completely and have to replace the faucet same day.
as another poster said, maybe it's time to change the faucet. it certainly is, but this is a TUB faucet and changing it will mean a lot of wall work. which i would much rather not do.
what has me puzzled the most, and makes me wonder what i'm missing, is that the cold water tap has a similar seat that also won't come out. so maybe there is another tool, or these seats are not replaceable. i'll try to see if the manufacturers name is on the faucet somewhere. that might give a clue. thanks for the ideas so far...thehick