Can't find simple double doors

I'm adding a short section of wall in my basement so I can keep my wood workshop closed and locked from kids. I want to put in a double door instead of single so I have more options when cutting sheet goods or long boards (I'll need to borrow 6' of space to rip an 8' sheet or board)..

For another project I recenly bought an already-hung 36" 6-panel single door and frame for $60, so I figure I should be able to find a hung double door with frame for $100 or $150 or at worst $200. But HD and Lowe's only seem to carry expensive glass French doors at $300-$400.

Where can I find an inexpensive already-hung double-door with frame?

Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael Press

try asking at the special order desk in the door dept. they may not have it in stock, but can get it.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

most prehung doors go for about $100 or less now.. about 15 yrs. ago i built a garage in the back yard, not for a car but for storage/workshop... i did not a garage door so i got a plain double hung door at a mill shop... it was like $350 back then.. dont know what they would want for one now?? if you already have a table saw set up you just buy two door slabs and the hinges and then buy the wood for the frame around it.. alot cheaper than going the route i took 15 yrs. ago.. and the doors i got were plain solid core(particle board in the middle), venieer on the face of the doors... they were a little thicker than the plain doors that homedepot sells, but i did not need them to be thick and being outdoors they had to be replace(the plain doors twice in the

15 yrs. that i have had them up...
Reply to
jim

You are a wood worker! Buy a couple of plain doors, saw up some boards for a frame. Mount the hinges, knob, you are done! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Double doors are justified because they're reasonably wide: therefore you only half undo 'em, and therefore no one can get through 'em.

Ogden Nash zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec