Can/Should this water level sensor be cleaned?

With the guidance of you kind folks, I took the front off my washing machine and cleaned some gunk out of the tube in the water level system; right above the nipple. Now it shuts off at the correct level instead of overflowing. Can't ask for much more than that, right?

Well, it seems to me that if the tube had gunk in it, it must have come from the box it is attached to. Can this be opened up to clean it? (I mean without breaking it...) Or should it be left alone?

Reply to
Toller

"If it aint broke,....Break it!" Bubba

Reply to