Can I use Shingles??

Page 2 of 2
Being in cen. Tx. you should know all about steel roofs. 26 ga. not the HD paper thin tin
What if you were to use an underlayment of WRGrace's Ice and Water shield?
Wouldn't this act as a waterproofer, while the shingles could be the decorative layer?

That's how I would do it. Just ice and water the whole roof and shingle it. But I wouldn't do it on a large roof section, because I have heard of cases where it failed. I have, however, done small porch roofs this way (including on my own house) and they didn't leak.
But it is risky, and if it leaks don't be surprised.
Two words: channel drain. It's cheaper, it's easier to put up, and it will probably leak less than the shingles. M9

(remove NS to use the address) 614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax
http://worthingtonengineering.com