Can I use other staples in Porter-Cable?

I bought a Porter-Cable NS150A and the instructions say to only use PC staples. I don't see any reason why it couldn't use other mfg's 18 ga.

1/4" crown staples, and I could only find short (1/2 - 5/8) staples from other mfg's at Home Depot.

Anyone had luck using other staples with the NS150A?

-Pat

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

Had problems finding 1/2" staples in small quantities for a particular job for my PC stapler. Found some Plaslode staples that looked OK and were the right size and gauge. They worked fine and did the job. I would say use the other brand staples. It is the PC marketing department's job to promote their own staples, even if they are hard to find, by saying to only use their own brand of staples.

Reply to
EXT

Agree. Staples are interchangeable in my experience.

Reply to
marson