Can I use old Genie remotes with Liftmaster opener?

Is it possible to use any of my older genie remotes with my new Liftmaster garage door opener?
Thank you in advance, John
john wrote:

No they are on different frequency so they will not work, unless you take the old receiver and the old remote(which transmitts) and match them up and then use them.. where i used to work they had alot of employees with the old remotes for the garage doors... they could not get any new remotes for new employees.. so they had both the old and new receivers on the door opener so both new and old employees could open and close the doors....

Not to mention issues with the newer "rolling codes" technology.