Can I use ceramic wall tile adhesive on sheet vinyl?

I'm installing sheet vinyl on my basement floor and ran out of adhesive with about ten sq ft remaining. I could buy a quart of adhesive, but I've got some wall tile adhesive left over from a kitchen remodeling job that will likely be discarded the next time I clean out my storage area. Could I use this on my sheet vinyl floor?

Reply to
Mike Hartigan

Mike, I don't suppose anyone will say yeah, go ahead. They look the same, they smell the same. I'd go for it, but that is not a chemist speaking, nor anyone who has tried it before. Might call the glue manufacturer's 1-800 number tomorrow. You already know they won't give you a strong go ahead, but they could tell you how dissimilar the adhesives might be.

Reply to
DanG

It sounds like you're not in a hurry (otherwise, you wouldn't be willing to wait for an answer on usenet). I'd suggest applying some on a piece of scrap vinyl and see what happens. If it's good after a few days (a weekend project, maybe?), I'd go for it.

Reply to
Mike

no.

Reply to