Can I use a dropcord in the pool?

Page 4 of 5
snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Got lost on the way to finishing your sentence? Get help Floyd.

You really don't have a clue. How many electrolytes are in rainwater? How thick is the rainwater on the wet line? Do you understand the difference now?

Confused again? You never said anything about rereading posts or an apology. You really need help Floyd.

It was clearly staged and it's way past time for you to admit it. Do you think people run electric lines through pools on a regular basis? What kind of sick fool are you?

it soon.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

communications to get a feel for how things work. It isn't fun for anyone involved.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

So you actually don't have any idea at all how to solve that problem! What a hoot. (No, it isn't "arithmetic".)

So you are saying it is impossible to weld underwater... which is a bit of another hoot.
If electricity and water are *necessarily* so deadly, tell me why how a guy can take a fire hose and spray water on a high voltage power distribution line to clean the dirt off of insulatiors! Or for that matter why said power line doesn't just melt the poles when it rains...
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
On Feb 6, 10:44�pm, snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

the water used to clean high tension lines is not grounded. the insulators are designed to not allow water to collect in a continious path
a pro can do all sorts of work around high voltage safely if they follow all the rules.
sadly now and then even a professional lineman makes a mistake and gets killed.

At least no more and no less so than the swimming pool and other things that supposedly are grounded because they are wet with a water path to "ground". The point of course is that just being wet does *not* cause sufficient ground to make a good electrical path.
And of course it is no more, and no less, "grounded" than the water that surround fellows who do the welding on ships and drill rigs underwater that Clark claimed above is impossible!

"Collect" meaning what???
The insulators are *soaked*, and wet all over. That is sometimes true when it rains, and is always true when they are sprayed.

Exactly my point.

Understanding how it works is a lot safer than "follow the rules".
I'd guess off hand that "professional linemen" get killed while working less often than the "average freeway driver". For that matter, I'll be far more linemen die in highway accidents that are electrocuted...
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
On Feb 7, 12:54 am, snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

ever notice the shape of insulators for high voltage, ribbs might be one lame description, the in and outs keep water from sheeting providing a path to ground.

What you are describing actually has nothing to do with "sheeting" water at at all. Straight vertical sides would better accomplish what you say it supposedly does. The ribbs are there to make the actual surface path physically longer. That helps when the insulator is wet or damp, to be sure, and it helps just as much when it is dry and covered with dust.
Regardless, when they are sprayed, and during extended periods of rain, the insulators are totally wet. According to what has been claimed in this article by others, that should short out the line betten phases, and because the pole is also wet it should short everthing to ground. It should be deadly to walk near such a pole! Everyone of them should be bursting into flames from these short circuits! (Of course none of that is true, it doesn't happen that way.)
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
[snip]

Only in your delusional mind have others claimed this. You really need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Seriously.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

m:
the thing to think about is that NOT ALL the current follows through the direct path of least resistnace. The current will spread out in a shape similar to the way iron filings spread out around two poles of a magnet. SOME current will flow at a distance. And it takes only a few mA to cause you trouble. If you are far enough away, you will be OK, but if you get too close even without touching a wire, enough current may pass through you to cause a problem.
Mark

That is true, but perhaps doesn't convey quite enough perspective.
Current flows through a complete circuit, and the amount of current is an direct inverse relationship to the amount of resistance. If there is half as much resistence in one path as opposed to another, there will be twice as much current. And just the same, if there is a million times as much resistence, the current will be 1 millionth.
The trick though, is that 1 millionth of very little is even less, while 1 millionth of a lot can still be enough to kill a person. It's knowing which is appropriate that counts... :-)
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in wrote:

that you should go do it so you would experience the reality for yourself.
Of course I was correct in noting that you would miss the point. Oh well, that's your loss Floyd since you proved the correctness of my observation.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Everyone seems to have missed your point. That's because you didn't make one.
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in wrote:

"Everyone"? You claim to speak for everyone? What a loon.
I'll type slow this time so you have a chance to stay up.
Go weld underwater. It will shock you. Try it.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

People do it all the time without getting a shock.
If that is your point, you're lost... again.
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in

while they do the work. You don't even have to weld underwater to share their experience. Just weld in wet conditions and you will learn the facts.
I'm sorry you feel you have to make these false claims. Why do you do it? Do you really want to see other folks hurt when they follow your advise? You really should get help for that hate.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

And they've all been electrocuted?
"They are receiving a shock while they work" is a meaning less statement. If you put your fingers across a 12 volt battery, you are technically receiving a shock. So what!

Projection...
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in

No. Why would you ask that? You're the one trumpeting that electricity and water are ok.

Go do it and come back here and explain the sensation of discomfort, the difficulting in functioning normally. If you won't go do it then shut the hell up and quit whining about how safe electricity and water are. Ok?

me. I think you're the one who hates. In fact I'm sure you're the one who hates. Get help before you hurt someone.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

How about shutting up already. Don't you have anything in your life to do better than go on and on about this?

Sure, I've got lots to do. It only takes a few moments to play whack-a-loon so what the heck...
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Wrong again Floyd. I'm pointing out the fact that you don't understand simple algebra and are confusing the arithmetic with that algebra. Go take a high school class in algebra and try to understand. Okay?

Nope. Never said that at all and you are totally wrong to leap to that baseless conclusion. Of course I knew you would embarass yourself by once again jumping to the wrong conclusion. Like I said, go weld underwater and you'll start to understand...

I said that? Can you read? Do you only see what you want to see? In truth I think that your head is so far up your ass that you can only see that you must be correct and everyone that has another point of view must be wrong. Man you have one shitty outlook. Good luck Floyd and I hope that things get better for you.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here