Can I use a dropcord in the pool?

Page 1 of 5
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.
http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg
I sure hope they are using a GFCI
Terry wrote:

Damn!
--

-G

They appear to be rubber swim suits - though still isn't ok.

what the hell would a rubber swimsuit have to do with it?

Terry, 1/27/2008,4:25:18 PM, wrote:

It would probably be best if it wasn't a GFCI. The gene pool needs to be thinned out a bit in this case.

I tend to agree with you on this one. They are too stupid to be allowed to reproduce but probably already have and that is really too bad.
Not to change the subject of their idiocy, what country are they located in?
The plug ends don't look like what's normally used in North America.

Cliff Hartle wrote:

Some Germans having some fun with a (not plugged in) power bar and extension cord.

This pic was in another group and is old by days/weeks. They (folks) were referred too as Germans.
I strongly suspect the wire was not plugged in, but that's just me.

Oren --
Oren wrote:

Not just you.
Terry wrote:

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.
There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.
Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not grounded... and thus not a risk.
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

Well, you can be the first one to do a belly buster into the pool then.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Not a problem. (Actually, I've set up something fairly similar to that, and been in the water.)
There is no circuit path through the water, or through any person in the water (unless you're dumb enough to go up there and grab onto a wet wire).
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
On Jan 28, 9:34am, snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

What you don't know is that it was the wifes idea. Lou

Mine, too. I have never been to Europe, but she has extensively. I saw the appliance adapters and asked what they were for, hence, I know.
Steve ;-)
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

Right, and another photo from the original site:
http://www.linuxno.de/_data/gallery/nwl7/_medium_DSCN7830.JPG
No, not staged...

Doesn't look like they are being electrocuted to me... ;-)