Can I seal prefinished floor?

I will be putting down some Bruce pre-finished engineerinf flooring. I plan on nailing/stapling this in.
When I am all done, can I scuff the floor and apply a finish? Poly or water is compatible?
I am worried about water damage on the edges of the wood
Um - No. The finishes on these are better than anything you could apply in the field. For the glue together floating type there is a bit of squeeze out that seals the edges.
I suppose you could sand and traditionally finish but then why buy pre-finished. You eother do it in a traditional way: install, sand finish. Or use pre-finished.
Good luck.

Sure, but your finish is not as good as the factory finish.
Talk to Bruce some factory finishes have formulas that dont allow most products to bond.