Can I saw a lock off from the outside with a saws-all (or is there a better way)?

Page 2 of 2
A burglar wants fast in and quick out, think kick door etc, not drilling out locks.
more likely to break glass and go.......
I doubt any burglar type hang out here looking for advice, they just take a buddy along to show them the ropes
Add pictures here
✖
Are there any windows in that room??? Jerry
✖
Harold Lathom wrote:

There's another tool you probably have lying around.
When you use your shotgun to open a door, do not aim at the lock itself; aim for the locking mechanism inside the door. That is, point the barrel at a severe angle to destroy the mechanism, not the door knob.
There was a segment on "Mythbusters" about what type of gun was necessary to destroy padlocks and deadbolts. The fools shot all manner of weapons at the door lock with almost no success (until they got up to the howitzer level). If their goal was to gain entry - instead of destroying locks - they should have tried to shoot THROUGH the door into the mechanical part of the lock instead of the face of the doggone thing.
Add pictures here
✖
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Harold Lathom wrote:

There's another tool you probably have lying around.
When you use your shotgun to open a door, do not aim at the lock itself; aim for the locking mechanism inside the door. That is, point the barrel at a severe angle to destroy the mechanism, not the door knob.
There was a segment on "Mythbusters" about what type of gun was necessary to destroy padlocks and deadbolts. The fools shot all manner of weapons at the door lock with almost no success (until they got up to the howitzer level). If their goal was to gain entry - instead of destroying locks - they should have tried to shoot THROUGH the door into the mechanical part of the lock instead of the face of the doggone thing.
I have opened several doors with this type of lock by using a pipe wrench on the knob and just twisting the knob off. Either the door will open when the knob is twisted or the knob will twist off giving access to the unlocking shaft inside the lock. The last time I did this I used a pair of long nosed pliers to twist the unlock shaft. Elgy
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 23, 8:23 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Another solution is to drive a large square shank screwdriver into the key slot. Then turn the screwdriver with a pair of vise grips. Rips the tumbler pins off.
Add pictures here
✖