Can I run a generator from a pressure washer engine?

I'm trying to justify the expense for a 10HP pressure washer. Since it would be sitting around idle most of the time (same can be said for a small generator) I'd like to be able to make the engine do double-duty. The pump looks to be easy to remove. Can the engine be used to spin a generator?
Yes if you can find a engine with a crankshaft that will fit both the pump & generator. But that said all the presserwashers engine I worked with have a round crankshaft with a keyway in them and the generators all have a tapered end . So the challenging part may be to find one that will swap back & forth without it being labor intensive.
If the electrical output frequency and voltage and ability to handle changing loads are important then NO.

-nobody- wrote:

Oh Boy! What you just posted has absolutely nothing to do with the ability of an engine to do be a power source for various purposes. An engine can be the power source for what every you can hook onto it to operate as long as it is with in is range.
Jack
Well, if the engine has an inappropriate governor that won't maintain 3600 rpm (and a pressure washer engine has no need of such a governor), then it is not going to give you 60Hz reliably. Generators try to maintain the frequency pretty closely.

of an

power
with in

There is no difference between governors on a generator engine vs. a engine for a pressure washer. A pressure washer needs a governor as well as a generator engine. I have worked on many of each! Greg