Can I repair these blasted screen corners (mine broke while removing - see picture)?

I was too rough with screen removal with the result being busted screen corners:

Other than glue, is this something that I can fix with a replacement part?
(I don't even know the googling term for these 'screen corners'?)
All I see is 'TRUEFRAME' stamped on the frame itself.
Suggestions?

you should be able to buy new ones at your local home repair emporium, just take the screen in with you. Or if you have a good old school hardware store they will probably put new screening in (which you'll have to remove anyway, so you might as well) and replace the corners for not much money. No problem! Project only requires a "spline roller" and a utility knife if you want to try to DIY.
nate
On Friday, July 20, 2012 9:04:51 AM UTC-7, Vinny P. wrote:

No you werent too rough the sun was. Plastic and UV just dont mix. Either put in the screens just the way they are or replace the whole thing. You cant just replace or repair just the corners without removing the screen from the frame.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:50:27 -0700, recyclebinned wrote:

Hmmmm... I've never replaced a screen in the frame so I'm unaware of that.
I'll look for some re-screening DIYs to see what you're trying to tell me.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:44:16 -0700, Oren wrote:

Hmm... I had to look up what a 'solar' screen was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_screen
The descriptions I saw said solar screens go on the OUTSIDE of the window. Mine are clearly on the inside. I think they're 'just' regular cloth screens ... but I wouldn't really know how to tell otherwise.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:46:00 -0700, Oren wrote:

<http://www.qualitywindowscreen.com/store/window-screen-corners-square-cut-corners-c-77_82_134.html

Ah, I see. I hadn't expected them to have those tongues on the end (I thought it was just a corner).
I measure my plastic corners at 7/16" wide and they stick out of the metal almost exactly 3/4".
So it looks like it might be these: http://www.qualitywindowscreen.com/store/screen-corners-square-cut-716x34-p-324.html
They're roughly about 50 cents each, so thanks for this wonderful link!

I have seen these corners at Home Depot, in fact I have used them. If the corners there are the right size you will have to remove all the screenng to install the new corners.
x-no-archive: yes
When someone tried to break into our cottage we had to replace our screens. I didn't know what these pieces were called either, turned out I called a local window installer (any city would have one) and they repaired them for $11 each including the metal edging and corner pieces. In due time the screen becomes brittle but now I know where to go for parts :)
Michael Lalonde , Sudbury, Ontario - jumlers.com food catering
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:48:21 -0700, Michael Lalonde wrote:

Nowhere where I live is 'anything' 11 dollars!
I can't imagine any 'service' for less than 100 and even that would be the loss leader out here in the Republik of Kalifornia.