can i put laminent flooring over comercial carpet

the carpet is glued to concrete. the floor is dry. can i just put the flooring over the carpet?

The bottom line is that the laminate floor needs a firm surface under it. I'm sure it says something to that effect on the installation instructions. If there is any doubt in your mind, you should call the manufacturer and give the guys in tech support a good laugh...
It might be possible over that really thin indoor outdoor stuff, but that's it. Anything with more give than the thin underlayment meant for it will be too much.

"mark" wrote

No. No manufacturer guarantees their laminate over _any_ type carpet.
I ain't saying it won't void the guarantee......what about pounding some 3/4 plywood subflooring down over the carpet first?

Oh right, it's concrete. Jeez, I must be half asleep. I need to read more carefully. Laminate over concrete means you'll need a vapor barrier too, right?

"Fogbank" wrote

No. There will be too much flex for the T&G.