Can I paint a discolored refrigerator handle?

I have a GE refrigerator that has a bright white plastic handle. The handle has a slightly roughened surface that contains small little bumps. I have cleaned it with a bleach mixture, and it looks OK, but there are a couple of small yellowish spots that remain that don't appear to be cleanable. That being the case, I wonder whether I can paint the handles with a white spray paint. The spots just bug me, and I have corrected minor blemishes on the refrigerator by using white enamel paint. Thanks,
JD
On 10 Aug 2006 03:25:01 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com"

It's vinyl coated...correct? If so you may be a ble to try one of the new krylon paints for plastics, like for use on platic deck chairs etc.
How much is a new handle?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

I bet 1/3 the cost of the frig. Like a damn plastic tailight lens.