Can I just use a primer/sealer on the exterior of my house?

I wondering if I can just use a high quality Primer/Sealer like KILZ Premium to protect the exterior of my home or do I have to paint over it also?
Does paint add more protection or is it just for "looks"?
Thank you

paint has much more protection primer just preps surface....
sorry you need that final coat.
prep is everything on a paint job, 90% prep 10 % final coat.
scrape sand seal fill holes is hard work. the final coat is the easy part

No, paint is the coat that protects. High quality primer is regular oil primer, not Kilz.

The paint doesn't "add more protection" -- the paint *creates* the protection. The purpose of primer is to help the paint adhere to the wood; primer by itself provides no protection to speak of at all.
--
Regards,