Can I install a damper on a cold air return?

I have a four-seasons room off the kitchen. It's about 14' X 16', carpeted, insulated, high vaulted ceiling.
I want to smoke cigars in there during the winter, but I don't want smoke to affect the rest of the house.
Can I close off the air return, and put a small fan in the window, blowing out? Would this do the trick?
If this works out, I could go ahead install a dedicated fan higher up towards the "peak" of the room.
Forgot to mention: I was assuming I would only close off the air return while smoking, and until the smoke clears, then open it again when the window is closed or fan is turned off.
I would suggest a bathroom vent fan, a high capacity unit. The good ones are reasonable quiet.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Cigars will affect the entire neighgborhood. Don't think you can put in a fan and change that fact.
--
Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Thanks for the worthless response. I have 2 acres, as do each of my neighbors.
Maybe the cigars will keep the proselytizers away.
<< I want to smoke cigars in there during the winter, but I don't want smoke to affect the rest of the house. >>
Logical solution to problem is to get a qualified HVAC person to make a few suggestions. Might be a small smoke eater in the market that could be grafted to the system, and ozone generators are said to handle odors quite well. HTH
Joe