Can I do a room at a time with hardwood floors?

I would like to put hardwood floors in my first floor this winter, the kitchen, and the living room, and a hallway. Question is, using prefinished hardwood, can I do a room at a time, or is color matching a problem if I buy the wood at different times?

I'd like to do a room at a time for financial reasons.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I wouldn't think it should matter since most vary in color slightly from one plank to the next anyway, but check with the supplier for his opinion.

Reply to
Alan

Won't matter at all. The pre finished is still real wood and real wood varies in tone from board to board anyway. If you are concerned, buy an extra box to use as a mix with the first box of the new batch.

When doing this sort of thing, the manufacturers usually recommend that you work from three or four boxes anyway to randomize the differences. Be sure to keep the lengths random also for the best look. Just be sure to protect the edges so you don't have a problem when continuing to the next room or hall. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I agree with the above post.

Reply to
Randd01

____Reply Separator_____

Ditto! When you think you've finished (for the time being), put one more plank on to protect the tongue of the plank that you will continue working from when you're read to continue the project.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA