Can I darken grout?

HI, My DH and I just finished our first tile job. Phew... It came out very nice looking except the grout. We selected a color using those paper & plastic samples. The grout's color was perfect when applied. However, as it dried it became far too light of a tint. Is there a product that doesn't add color, just darkens the color? The tile is a medium shade of green and looks horrible with those light-colored stripes all over the place. It's on a floor. Thank you for any advise, Wendy in N Ca.

Reply to
Wendy in NCa

Heh, I've posted this info so often, I should get a commission :)

You can try using a colored grout sealant like the one from AquaMix.

If you call their 800 number, they'll send you a color sample chart, and then you can order their products from an online retailer. You have to be very careful when you seal the grout because the sealant is much like paint; I used a craft brush and did a little at a time until it was finished. Mine's been on my tile floors for a year and shows no sign of wear.

The color I used (forget what it's called) dried exactly the color shown on the color sample they sent.

HTH.

-- Jennifer

Reply to
Jennifer

Jennifer, Thank you for your response. I've sent them an email.

-Wendy > Heh, I've posted this info so often, I should get a commission :) >

Reply to
Wendy in NCa