Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

It won't work, we were all next door at the other neighbor's party.
But I do cut their branches now and then :-/
-- Oren
"Painting is the art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critics."
replying to HeyBub, SnaMan wrote: Haha
I'm sure you can.
Can, being defined as thephysical ability to do something. However, this action may be illegal. You may be arrested, and charged. You might also be liable for damages. The tree guy may demand payment from you, and then you can get reimbursed from the neighbor. You may not ever get reimbursed from the neighbors.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"John" < snipped-for-privacy@xemaps.com> wrote in message
John wrote:

Best to come to an accord with your neighbor without resorting to law. However, if you must, you should check out:
Neighbor Law: Fences, Trees, Boundaries & Noise http://www.nolo.com/product.cfm/ObjectID/920EBFCB-3ECE-4CC9-A2ED7FCF1EE6E6B3/213 /
Also, your local laws may differ.
M Q wrote:

http://www.nolo.com/product.cfm/ObjectID/920EBFCB-3ECE-4CC9-A2ED7FCF1EE6E6B3/213 /
Thanks. Excellent link.
John .. give it up and enjoy the experience.
Neighbors who start this type of discussion are likely the ones who don't do squat on their own property. You are not one of those are you?
Enjoy the tree and the beauty.

Jacque Asse wrote:

with it directly. For now I will continue to remove them as she directs until the snow arrives when it will all be over until next year. This was more of a hypothetical query than anything. I am happy that so many found this thread entertaining and compelled to respond.

So, stop touching yourself and get back to raking leaves.
What you got here was free.
-- Oren
"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."
John wrote:

Simple solution:
Move the MIL into your house.
You'll soon forget about the leaf problem and likely wish you'd never been born. <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

<eg>
I will continue to drive 50 miles just to rake leaves thank you very much. Maybe I will leave her a laptop and this thread to continue on her own. She will most likely be around to rake the leaves from atop my final resting place.
John.

you could have raked the whole yard. It's just LEAVES for doG's sake. Dude, get some help. Seriously.
h wrote:

You seem to be a bit overly concerned. What is your problem other than being a troll?

My neighbors trees hang over to my property too. I cut all branches that get in my way during mowing. The trees on my property get cut all the way back to the trunk. The trees on any neighbor's property get cut back to the property line (or plane). I know that some local governments (or associations) require permission to cut any tree, on your property or not. Rake your leaves once a week, make a compost pile. If you hate raking, a backpack blower may make your life a little easier. In any event, not good idea to piss off a neighbor.
Phisherman wrote:

Actually I am trying to get the ol' lady to stop some of the yard work she does. Many times I have arrived to see her gathering branches and dragging them to the other side of the yard. There will come a time when we will be there 24/7 to see that she behaves herself bless her soul.

AT the risk of starting another flaming long thread, I can't help but wonder what the issue is with the old lady doing some yard work? My grandfather and grandmother raked leaves and took care of a large property that they lived on well into their 80s. Ronald Regan was chopping wood, clearing brush, and building fences into his 80s as well. It's widely recognized that regular excercise is good for anyone, as long as they don't over do it. If your big leaf problem with the neighbor is an area 100 X 30 and a little old lady raked a bit of it each day, she'd get some excercise and the leaf problem goes away.
Does she have some medical problem that a Dr says makes modest excercise unhealthy? Or is you wanting her to stop doing yard work just a control issue?

You've got it. The OP is a total OCD nutcase, and instead of doing anything useful about the problem, he comes here and whines. He wants everyone to tell him that his neighbor is wrong and "must" do something about the trees. The trees aren't the problem, the OP is. All he has to do is hire a kid to rake the leaves if his MIL is not able to do so herself. No, instead he drives 50 miles so he can rake leaves every hour. He's a complete loon. Just plonk him.

Call your city, town, or village offices and ask what is legal in your area. Duh. Why on earth would anyone on usenet know the laws of your town?
snipped-for-privacy@searchmachine.com wrote:

The really stupid ones don't even know when they are being played with. I already know where you fit in this thread. I never pretended to take usenet all that serious but you sure seem to.

Hmm, and here I was thinking I was offering you some useful advice, since you did ask for some. Wow. Have you done ANYTHING else today except post on this thread. Get a life, dude. PLONK!!
You can trim it, or have it trimmed, but not at his expense.