Can I cannect fridge to a water bottle?

I had a block heater in a diesel that I had. It made starting easy and the car warmed up fast.

The engine heater is good for the engine and you do get heat faster. The remote start, however, allows the windows to defrost and the cabin to warm up before my cute ass hits the cold seat. Some days my car sits at work for

8 or 9 hours and the plug in is of no value, but the remote starter will be nice.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I plan on getting one for my cabin. I have no running water. Currently use 1 gal milk jugs. I could fill up a 5gal bottle at the well and have enough water for days (Just a sink). I tried to rig up a gravity feed setup but it failed. I also bought a "demand pump" to pump from a barrel put it pulsated too much and shook the cabin. I'm sure a small expansion tank with a bladder would have helped a lot but I want to keep things wife simple and out of the way.

BTW - If anyone, or the OP, wants a 120v shurflo demand pump I have one collecting dust. Like new, still in box. 1/2 off retail price and its yours. (OP you could rig this up in your basement with an expansion tank and direct plumb to your ice/water dispenser, kitchen sink, and whatever else)

-b

Reply to
No

I don't know if you mean copper or polyethylene, but I would never use the latter. They spring leaks for no apparent reason. And then they leak and leak and spray and spray until someone notices it. copper is a little harder to work with but much better.

mm

Yup. Last year. Pipe was from the 1950's. Works great. Steel pipe, to saddle-valve to 1/4" copper tubing to icemaker.

I've seen self-piercing valves only on copper, but the pre-drill kind work just fine on steel. You are much less likely to disturb other joints and cause leaks by using a saddle-valve rather than disassemble and put in a tee.

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

Thing of it is, an ice maker kit IS an OPTIONAL item on almost all side by side models today. Whether it comes ice n' water thru the door is another consideration

I say yes, if you get a tank that has drinkable water (taste and odor ok) in it, and a way to refill it, you can hook it to the fridge. This can be as little as a 2 gallon tank up to as large as you can pay for, install and use. The tanks I am talking about are similar to the tank you have hooked to your well pump.

Reply to
Robert Gammon

Hmm, I've been using an RO hooked to my fridge for YEARS and get consistently FULL ice half moons.

Reply to
Robert Gammon

replying to nhurst, Fakhruddin Fakhar wrote: yes it is doable and i will do it

Reply to
Fakhruddin Fakhar

judge why we want to use something rather than just answer it or shut up if they want to judge you for wanting to use the frigging icemaker, idiots. Thanks so much for the great idea.

Reply to
Deb