Can i ask here ?

Page 1 of 2

Did'nt know where to post this,so i'm asking here. I have Verizon & there discontinue News readers. Is there a good free newsreader you can suggest ?
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=good+free+newsreader
desgnr wrote:

news.eternal-september.org so long as you do not need binaries

ditto. freenews aint bad but i have trouble posting at times
LouB wrote:

aioe.org is another, and no binaries
I'm also using Eternal September, and very pleased with it. Here is a URL for you: http://news.eternal-september.org /
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

How do you get this group, as Verizon does not carry alt groups?
--
Peace,
BobJ

And eternal-september does even have a few selected binary groups such as pictures of technical things, just not _those_ binaries, which is fine with me. There is one binary group used mostly for pictures of old vacuum tube radios that they don't carry and which I would like to access. I haven't yet emailed them to see if I can request that it be added. Otherwise though, I've been very happy with it.
Later, Charlie Carothers -- My email address is csquared3 at tx dot rr dot com

A newsreader is a program on your computer, so there's no way for an ISP to discontinue it. You must mean news SERVER. Some other posters have suggested alternative servers, such as aioe.org.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

Jodie is my fave, as a guru!
Bob Villa wrote:

How could someone be a "guru" when they can't apply basic reasoning?

(this was sarcasm)
desgnr wrote:

As somebody else pointed out already. you mean "news server":
http://www.eternal-september.org/ (free)
http://www.individual.net/ (10 Euros/year)
Each may carry newsgroups that the other doesn't. Neither carries binaries -- and if you don't know what they are it won't matter to you.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

LOL

If you want binaries, giganews.com for $2.99 a month

If you want binaries the only one I know of is www.teranews.com it is free but they have to have a one time fee of about 4 bucks to do a check to make sure you are 18 or over. Others will suggest non binary groups. You do know about search engines?

You have to change the oil in them twice a year.
wrote in message

...which brings us back to the post of switching from synthetic back to conventional standard oil.
Or, every 3,000 searches?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus