Can forced hot water radiator be shortened?

We are redoing our kitchen and I want to move the fridge to a different location. This area has a forced hot water radiator along the wall. I'm thinking its not a good idea to have the heater behind the fridge? This radiator is a 1/2 - 3/4" copper with fins along the length of it. Its covered by a metal shield. Can this be cut and shortened or do these units have to be bought at the length you want???

TIA

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Never mind!

Sorry, already asked and answered!!

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Didn't you just ask this a few days ago? Yes, it can be shortened. Cut, remove fins, sweat on new fitting. Or just close the dampers on the housing. Or block the fins with fiberglass. Or a half dozen other things that will accomplish what you want.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

imho,

Go shopping, grab manufacturers names and then contact them. They might be the best source for your question.

tom @

Just Joshin