CAN DOWNSPOUT ELBOWS BE BENT ???

I just picked up a 10 foot length of 2 X 3 downspout, and a couple of "A" & "B" 90 degree elbows. I have to extend one of my downspouts away from the house to eliminate water coming in under 1 of my garage doors. I need an angle of about 120 degrees on one of the elbows. Can I sort of "stretch it out from 90 to 120 degrees" or will the elbow distort and kink ??? Many of the elbows on my house are straighter than 90 degrees, but the only ones I saw in HD were 90's.
                    Thanks,
                    RON =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Ron in NY wrote:

That's kinda' unusual I'd think to not have anything but a full 90--most use a <90 rather than horizontal for the return to the downspout from a gutter.
Probably easier to find them than do the work to modify one, though ime(stimation)...
Ron in NY wrote:

Try a real hardware store. I needed something similar and the local hardware store had a selection of elbows. I don't exactly remember but I think the one I bought was 110 degrees.

closed up within the last 5 years.
RON =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
On Aug 29, 3:27 pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote:

You can use a 2x4 in each side of the elbow to pry it open to whatever angle you need. It wouldn't hurt to have a helper, and you might damage the first one you try this on.
The last time I did this, it was on bigger elbows, so you might need something slightly smaller than a 2 x4 to do this properly. Best of luck.
JK
> I need an angle of about 120 degrees on one of the elbows.

They make a vinyl elbow that if flexable and can be bent to any angle you need. Try that.
Ron in NY wrote:

Would this work? http://www.homedepot.com/SKU #663430 - "Flex Elbow" (If not, sorry, I don't know anything about gutters, except that I got a plastic downspout extension at Home Depot, and noticed these sitting beside them).