Can carpet tack strips be painted?

Simple question (I hope): I am having replacement carpet installed in my basement with tack strips already there. I am planning to coat the concrete with Drylok before that installation. Can the Drylok be painted right over the tack strips to water seal them as well?
Thanks all -
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 7, 12:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@worthless.info wrote:

remove the tack strips completely before drylock application..
if water is a issue a interior french drain should be installed before any other work is done
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:48:19 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@worthless.info wrote:

I don't know, but put synthitic carpet in your basement. When my neiighbor's and my basement flooded at the same time, she complained that she had to throw away her fancy natural material carpet. Mine just had to dry.
Add pictures here
✖

...Assuming there's even a moisture issue.
I know the OP says he's going to "coat the concrete with Drylok before that installation" but he didn't say why.
Since it's "replacement carpet" that's going down, one might think that if there was a moisture problem the wood would have rotted and the nails/tacks would have rusted already.
I think we need a little more info here.
Add pictures here
✖