Can anyone recommend JES for basement waterproofing???

jeswork.com is there web site

They offer an internal drain system plus battery backup sump pump system for $4000. This is pretty good since they offer a lifetime waranty. I'm looking for recommendations or horror stories before i hire them to do the job.

I've had alot of people look at my problem over the last 2 years so i've gone from knowing nothing to learning alot about how water gets into the basement and the different solutions people have come up with.

My problem is water rising and coming through the basement floor crack when it rains hard for 6 hours straight.

Reply to
robotron -x-

Interior french drain is way too go, after correcting obvious troubles like missing or leaky fgutters and downspouts or miss graded lawn........

Its BEST to drain sump system to daylight by gravity when ever possible.

Gravity tends to be much more reliable than pumps of any type

Reply to
hallerb

Interior french drain is way too go, after correcting obvious troubles like missing or leaky fgutters and downspouts or miss graded lawn........

Its BEST to drain sump system to daylight by gravity when ever possible.

Gravity tends to be much more reliable than pumps of any type

Reply to
hallerb

I would suggest passing on any plan that does not start with correcting any and all exterior weakness. The first step is to keep the water away from the foundation by proper grading and draining.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

well in all honesty theres fixing outside troubles, like leaking downspouts, and rebuilding the exterior, like regrading a entire yard, to help a little.

after having replaced nearly all the outside concrete, regrading a entire yard, replacing all the downspout and drain lines taking them to daylight and installing a exterior french drain i found the real problem was a high water table, which was finally fixed by the interior french drain.

one wants to aavoid pouring in 10 grand of ineffective repairs.

Reply to
hallerb

Water outside the house is being drained away from the house. Like i said the problem seems to be the ground water rising and coming thru the cracks in the floor.

Reply to
robotron -x-

One question, about your interior french drain, assuming your house is rectangle and has four sides.... is the french drain placed next to one side or all four sides?

Reply to
robotron -x-

all 4 sides, and if you have a big crack running across the floor putting a drain line under that crack is sometimes a good idea, and costs little extra.

the idea is you get all the water out of the blocks and all the water from under the home. so all the way around is best. and your contractor will likely only guarantee success with a entire perimeter drain.

water is strange your problem may show up on one side of the house, but really come from underground from the other side.

many building codes now require this sustem at the time the home is built because wet basements are such a problem.

Reply to
hallerb

responding to

aaawaterpro wrote: I am an exterior basement waterproofer, which is the only kind of waterproofer that exists, interior sump pumps/french drains simply try to deal with an existing problem not solve it. Almost all the people I do work for, and work is good, have been fleeced by interior sump pump installers. The only way to fix a leaking wall or floor is to solve the problem from the exterior. Older original waterproofing systems fail because there was no silt protection installed over the system. Today's exterior retrofit systems are cutting edge technology that will last the lifetime of the structure. Don't be fooled by pushy salesmen who know nothing about fixing your problem!

Reply to
aaawaterpro