Can anyone recommend a Glasstop stove? Not the right name I'm sure but....

Glass is a ceramic. ;-)

Some are "infrared". A gimmick, IMO.
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 06:00:32 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@peebles.com wrote:

You don't want an "induction" cook top, then. Few are.

Buy what you like. All sorts are made.

They're all similar power. Buy the one with the features you like.

I like ours. My wife would much prefer a gas top, though. We'll probably change in a year or two. She loved the Electrolux dual-fuel range she had in the other house. We'll buy one again but have to put in LP first.