Can a Little Giant pool cover pump (power cord) be repaired?

I have a Little Giant pool cover pump, model 5-MSP, that's probably 25 years old. The pump works fine, but the power cord has finally bit the dust up next to the pump.
Is it possible to replace the power cord and have the pump still be submersible? It would be a shame to throw this away just because the power cord is broken.
I just took one completely apart. Someone had cut the cord off because the impeller was jammed. Motor worked fine. I couldn't see any way to replace the cord and maintain submersible - I tossed mine.

DanG says...
> I just took one completely apart. Someone had cut the > cord off because the impeller was jammed. Motor worked > fine. I couldn't see any way to replace the cord and > maintain submersible - I tossed mine.
When you took it apart, did you find it filled with "dielectric oil for motor heat transfer and lifetime lubrication of the bearings"?

The Little Giants definitely have oil in them. I quit using them for that reason.
The mag style pumps are far cheaper to operate and have no oil to harm pond or plants. And except for a couple of easy to replace parts seem to last forever.
Colbyt
On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:15:43 -0400, "Colbyt"
lubrication of the bearings"?

==============Boy I have to agree wiith you ...The Mag pumps do last for what seems like years... and when they do fail (usually the impeller gets loose in my case) the replacement parts are cheap and just drop in..repain is a 3 minute job ...
Never was concerned with oil the fish are plentiful in both my ponds and it seems we are always giving away excess plants...
There will never be another Little Giant pump areound my home ever ...
Bob Griffiths
Yes, I did find the mineral oil inside. I knew I would based on other pumps.