Can A Do-It_Yourselfer Install a Mini-Split?

  1. Rightee tightee--leftee loosie 10. The Master's test-- getting a dip of snuff without using your fingers. I couldn't make it as a plumber. I weigh about 145lb and when I try to have the appropriate amount of buttcrack showing, my pants fall all the way down. Larry
Reply to
lp13-30

You might be amazed at how often I have had AC techs show up without the above. Better add thermometers to your list. I had one AC tech show up to charge the system without having any working thermometers. He had only one and it was off by about 20 F. I wasn't so sure about his manifold, as it had the glass/plastic cover broken off of it and some good dents. He overcharged the AC. The next tech (same company) showed up without any way to reclaim the excess refrigerant and just bled it off to the atmosphere.

Reply to
M Q

Do you have an an oxy/acetelene torch set? Silver braze rods, and flux Do you have a vacum pump? Four valve manifold Micron gage Refrigerant leak detector Do you have a reclaimer? DOT approved jugs for the refrigerant Charge weight scale

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So what, that greenhouse gas stuff is all over blown bullshit.

Reply to
jj