Can A Do-It_Yourselfer Install a Mini-Split?

Do you have an an oxy/acetelene torch set? Do you have a vacum pump? Do you have a reclaimer?
Do you have an an oxy/acetelene torch set? Silver braze rods, and flux Do you have a vacum pump? Four valve manifold Micron gage Refrigerant leak detector Do you have a reclaimer? DOT approved jugs for the refrigerant Charge weight scale
Stormin Mormon wrote:

techs show up without the above. Better add thermometers to your list. I had one AC tech show up to charge the system without having any working thermometers. He had only one and it was off by about 20 F. I wasn't so sure about his manifold, as it had the glass/plastic cover broken off of it and some good dents. He overcharged the AC. The next tech (same company) showed up without any way to reclaim the excess refrigerant and just bled it off to the atmosphere.

So what, that greenhouse gas stuff is all over blown bullshit.