Can a Consumer trouble-shoot Fridge problem?

I have a GE Profile series fridge. It's worked flawlessly since we bought it. While we were gone for the weekend it seems there was a brief power interuption in the house. Now that we've returned we see that there's a problem. The interior light in the refrigerator side is out and the ClimateKeeper control panel (a digital control panel inside the fridge) is completely dark. Everything seems to be working fine as far as maintaining the cold. And the freezer side seems to be normal.

1) Can anyone tell me if this ClimateKeeper control panel is a sealed unit (repairable)? 2) Is there a Repair manual available Online for the fridge or this control panel? 3) What the best way is to deal with the problem without spending a ton of money?

thanks, Ron GE model # PSS25NGNBB

Reply to
rgraham1

You might try GE:

And/or here:

Luke

I would suspect the Climate Keeper is not a repairable unit, you likely just replace the whole thing.

However I might suggest this. unplug the frig. Leave it unplugged for about five minutes and then plug it back in. You may get lucky. Oh yea, replace that lamp before you go any further might do that while you have it unplugged.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan