Can a clogged gutter cause a leak?

Hi,

We have had a tremendous leak in our house. Our ceiling was leaking through the seams for 4 hours after the rain had ended filling up two entire garbage cans (50 gallons each). Our landlord (who has proven to be quite cheap) climbed on the roof and discovered a ball that was clogging the path to the gutter, I guess. He says that the problem is probably solved.

Can that be so? Or would it take a combination of a clogged gutter AND a whole in the roof to cause such a significant leak?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

We had a leak that never happened again after we cleared the gutters. Yes, it can happen.

Reply to
cybercat