camera copy stand

Page 2 of 2
On 10/7/2012 9:29 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

the only reasonable alternative. However, in my experience, copying documents and photos, a flatbed scanner is faster than a manual copy stand, especially if the documents are not identical in size. Additionally, for multi-page documents, by scanning I can make multi-page pdf files without any additional time compared to making single page files and save all the post-processing time I would have to spend to merge multiple image files from the memory card of a camera.
I'm sure that there are pros and cons to each copy technique and scanning will be easier and faster for some copy jobs and a copy stand will be easier and faster for others. I haven't even raised the issue of color balance and lighting source when comparing the two copy methods.
Freddy Correa wrote:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Copy-Stand-Cheap-and-easy-to-build /
It's not oak but it's cheap
--
PV

"Whiskey is Sunlight held together by water"

Not bad, really. I like his solution for the slowness of adjusting with nuts on a threaded rod- "Early on I supported the camera frame with "twisting nuts". These were over size nuts with the top filed to be at an angle (ie just big enough to slide up and down without turning.) . When a load is resting on the nut it twists against the thread and locks. To adjust you just twist the nut back to slide it up an down. In the twist position you can still turn the nut a little for fine adjustments. For example on 5/16" rods use a 3/8" nut (18 TPI and 16 TPI but it doesn't seem to matter). " [his diagram illustrates it well]
It seems like I've seen them already made-- anyone have a name for them?
Jim