Caluk: Plastic Shower

I have a plastic (don't know what kind) shower. It is only a couple of years old.
The caulk around the bottom (at the juncture of the sidewalls and bottom pan) has come off again.
Which is the best type of caulk for this application: latex, acrylic, silicone...?
By "best type", I mean, what will stick the best, assuming application on a clean dry surface. __________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
I had the same problem with a Bathfitters system.
1. Cut/clean off the old caulk. Use a razor knife, or the like.
2. Clean with alcohol to get rid of any grease and prep the surface.
3. Re-caulk with the self-vulcanizing white silicon caulk. The stuff from GE seems to be best in my experience. It is the stuff that smell like acetic acid.
What appeared to happen to me was that things settled a bit, and pulled away. I have the same problem with a new shower in a house about 2 years old. Dug out caulk/grout, and recaulked, as I believe all the settling that is going to occur has now pretty well happened.
Your milage will vary...
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:17:13 -0800, professorpaul wrote:

I always think cat piss :-)

A good suggestion, to which I would add another.
Before applying the silicone place a heavy weight in the shower tray (some breeze blocks on wooden skids to prevent damage to the tray) until the silicone cures. Much the same as filling a bath with water before sealing.
This way the silicone will not be under tension every time someone showers, although it will be under slight compression when the shower/ bath is empty.
It works better this way.

Bear in mind that some caulks cointaining more than 20% silicone may not stick to styrene plastics.