call blocker device suggestions?

Page 9 of 9
CPR Call Blocker. Best $89 I ever spent.
Peace and quiet at last ...
bill ashford wrote:

Get an android app. that does it (free). forward the whielisted calls to your home phone

I stopped using my landline for this reason. I use my mobile for everything. I have a 5 a month fee which gives me 240 free minutes to mobiles and landlines, which my landline didn't. It seems salesmen are less likely to call mobiles as it costs them more, or they're not in the phonebook.
-- Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?
On 4/3/2015 3:41 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

blocking" Vonage will by default block all calls that will not show their number. If you get a call where no message is left you can go to their site and see where the number came from. So many good features I don't think people even know about.
On 4/3/2015 4:30 PM, Al Drake wrote:

I'd miss some important call that way. Sometimes the information does not show up, but it is a legitimate call that I want to take. Not sure why it happens, but it is sporadic. I ignored a call that said UNAVAILABLE but my wife picked it up. It was our son and his number usually show.
On 4/4/2015 12:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

also have it configured to ring with other lines as backup so I never miss a call that I want to answer. I also have 2 Magic Jack lines with an app on my cell that shows who is/was calling.
I am, however, receiving harassing calls from Comcast sales department at least 5 times a week lately. I answer them just to give them hell and see how long this continues. I'm thinking of filing some sort of complaint if I knew who to contact.

Same with my calling my mom. Though I thought she said it shows as UNKNOWN. I don't know if this is all the time, or just when. I'm calling from a Verizon landline and she's a Verizon landline, so I dunno.

I originally had JF Teck "Caller ID With Ring Controller". That device mutes the first ring while it reads the caller-ID, then allows or mutes any further rings if the offending number is found in memory. It has also has white-listing capability, which I never used.
The problem is that muting that first ring prevents the house phones from reading the caller-ID themselves.
You may remember a thread of mine from several years ago where I added my own box such that ring voltage was sent to the phones, but the phones had their ringers turned-off, thus "quietly" reading the caller-ID, my box then sent a ring signal on a separate pair to a local ringer.
Now I'm VOIP with Ooma, who subscribe to the Nomorobo listing, plus I personally block all 800 numbers... the silence is golden ;-)
For my cell phone I add spammers to my contact list, Zpam-1, etc., but set them to no-ring. It's rare that a spammer waits 9 rings to intrude on my voicemail >:-}          ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |