call blocker device suggestions?

Page 4 of 9
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 10:10:13 -0400, "Mayayana"

That was just a small portion of the "Change" that Obummer has given us that we didn't want.

You may not want oligarchs, neither do I, but you probably voted for the all mighty supreme leader who rules without regard for our constitution, the will of the people or the safety of our country.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head demanding you continue with that company are they. You are free to choose any provider you wish.

You poor, poor, helpless child.
| Nobody is holding a gun to your head demanding you continue with that | company are they. You are free to choose any provider you wish. |
No. That's the point. As I explained and you apparently missed, there are two options. They both charge the same rate. Like most neighborhoods, there's a duopoly that's functionally a monopoly. (Many people don't even have that much "choice".)
There was an interesting article this past week about a software developer who's selling his new house because he can't get cable service, despite officially having a choice of several companies. It throws some light on the effects of the pro-big-business, anti-citizen position you're espousing:
http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/03/new-homeowner-selling-house-because-he-cant-get-comcast-internet/
An interesting detail of that story is that the man lives in one of 20 states where lobbyists have managed to get laws passed prohibiting municipal broadband service being sold to individuals. It so happens that there is a municipal line running near the man's house, but it's illegal for them to give him service. That would be "unfair competition"!
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 21:14:15 -0400, "Mayayana"

There are more than those two options as others have pointed out. You said you didn't want VOIP. Well, that was one choice you made. Another choice you have is to have no phone at all.
Be that as it may, the market will seek it's own level and the consumers will continue to pay what is charged until they feel the price is too high. It's the old supply and demand thing.
Previously you complained about Citizen protection from corporate exploitation has gone way downhill in the US. Cite some examples of this exploitation. From the current administration I'm only seeing exploitation from the government. That will change

On 03/29/2015 10:28 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

OK, I'll give you one.
Through diet and excercise, I take care of my health. Unfortunately for me, I'm forced into ObamaCares expensive medical plans with a bunch of fat lazy expensive-to-insure slugs.
On 03/30/2015 04:17 AM, Art wrote:
[snip]

Good for you.

You need to be aware that some people have serious problems YOU fail to realize. They don't meed the insults.
On 03/30/2015 02:37 PM, Sam E wrote:

Sure, maybe 10% of people have genetically caused illness. I don't mind helping them one bit.
But the rest of them are fat lazy slugs. You see them riding obesecycles at Walmart, loading the basket with junk food like potato chips and sugary snack cakes, Then they get diabetes and/or have a heart attack and/or a stroke.
Why should I have to pay for their stupidity?
On 3/30/2015 4:46 PM, Art wrote:

Because it's not fair that they suffer from their own stupidity? They are entitled to the money you made, because you are unfairly healthy.
Or, so the liberals are wont to say.

You are asking for the impossible.
Trolls don't ever experience compassion. It's all about how being superior to everyone else. Until they are affected personally, they prove their superiority by looking down on everyone else.
--
Dan Espen

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:37:56 -0500, Sam E

That may be true, but please explain why some in the ruling class say it should be his responsibility to pay for some fat, lazy and expensive to insure slugs.
On 3/30/2015 2:37 PM, Sam E wrote:

Art's right. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for double wide bubble butt's medical bills.
"Bob F" <> wrote in message ...

For an education on medical costs I suggest you do a web search for 'chargemaster rates'. IMHO, health insurance is the largest criminal activity in this country! Bring down the cost of health care and start your very own savings account to pay. And I'm not referring to a HSA that only addresses the premiums you have paid to a ripoff company but to your own acc't. Need an example? Here's mine.. Back in sep'07 I spent 4 days in the hospital for congestive heart failure and got a bill for a little over 10K. Went to pay it and asked for a deal as I know they used the chargemaster. Lady says if you pay within a month you get a 33% cut. Ok, give me a number. Wrote a check for the amount to pay in full. She says 'don't you wish you had ins. to pay it'? No! ???? Why? Because I could have continued ins. from the company that shut down our shop and I could have kept the policy and so far I would have paid them 18K with a 5K deductible. So I would have paid out 23K and the ins. co. would have paid 2K! Nuff said.... Now I'm retired and on medicare. pdk
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 2:09:12 PM UTC-4, Phil Kangas wrote:

That sounds pretty reasonable for 4 days in the hospital. I've seen bills for $2500 for just an ER visit for a couple hours. And the problem with the strategy is that you were very lucky. What if it had turned into say a bypass operation and a bill for $100K? Or a long term illness that runs up huge bills for hospitals, drugs, etc?
message

Like I pointed out earlier. Do a web search for: 'chargemaster rates' And who declared that I _must_ accept treatment? It should be a choice. Tough choice, yes, but .....
On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:36:06 -0400, "Phil Kangas"

+1
On 03/31/2015 02:09 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

And I would argue that there are many contenders for largest criminal group.
Is it the sugar/grain/carbohydrate food industry?
Is it the pharmaceutical industry?
Or health care providers?
Or the idiots that eat McJunkFood?
Or the insurance companies that are expected to pay for all the above criminal activities?
Per Art:

So do I so am I.
Having said that, I recognize that the essence of insurance is spreading the risk.
I could live a totally healthy life and get hit by a car or come down with cancer tomorrow.
Also, once insurance gets too granular (i.e. the insurers know so much about one that they can precisely predict health problems and raise rates accordingly) you no longer have insurance because people with higher risk factors pay so much that it just becomes a pre-payment plan.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 3/29/2015 8:12 AM, bill ashford wrote:

While they seem to be a good idea, they can be blocking calls you need. You can notify friends and have them call and put their numbers on the OK list, but what about other callers?
My wife is going through a series of medical testing and appointments. We don't want to take a chance and miss any of those calls, especially the surgeon that is difficult to reach anyway. Good luck with whatever works for you. Let us know too.
On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 10:44:18 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just shoot yourself.

50 years+, no problems here. What's your problem?
On 3/29/2015 1:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:

By gosh, I envy you! Honest, I do.
On 03/29/2015 09:44 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[snip]

I received several calls where the caller ID name was "NBF" rather than something more meaningful, and this is commonly an indication of a junk call. However, it turned out to be a billing company for a medical treatment I had.
BTW, the place that did the treatment showed up as "CVC", but at least I was expecting that.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/