California to fine homeowners $500 for washing the sidewalk

Well, isn't it obvious? The wet people didn't aquify their fair share. We need to raise taxes on the wet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

dirty politics that gave agribusiness the same water rates that had been set by Congress for small farmers.

What clause of the Constitution gives Congress the power to set price of water?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

crops like cotton and rice, which should NEVER be farmed in a drought-prone area. Result: THE GROUND WATER IS RAPIDLY BEING DEPLETED.

If the free market were working, the drought would result in higher water prices. Farmers would switch to less thirsty crops.

Much like energy deregulation allows the market to set energy prices to provide for production, delivery, and profit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm convinced it's already ended. Check this thread again in November, after the rains start.

You're right. All theories aside, conservation is the way to go.

Reply to
Guv Bob

Silly question.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Silly person, not to be concerned about the abuse of government powers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I guess the same clause that got FDR elected. He really made a mess of things.

Reply to
Pico Rico

It's not just there. Apparently water is abundant where you are. It's not here in WA.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Doesn't it rain a lot in Washington?

Reply to
Ned Turnbull

That's not surprising. Your horizons don't extend past the end of your nose.

Even England has been known to ban "hosepipes" as they call them (two years ago, during the summer drought). (The use, not the possession thereof).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Since you know me so well, what did I have for breakfast?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon