California Real Estate License Question

Can anyone tell me what he chances are of getting a real estate license in california with a 20 year old felony on ones record?
<Newt> wrote in message

http://www.dre.ca.gov/lic_avoid_denial.html
Newt wrote:

I can't tell you the chances, but many states will not license a felon. This is done so that clients can have the highest possible trust that their agents are acting in the client's best interest, that the agents are faithful to the duty the agent owes, and that the agent's fiduciary responsibilities remain unsullied and untainted by selfish concerns.
No, wait...

Yes, but he did say it was California. With their, shall we say, progressive views, would it surprise you if they encourage felons to take real estate exams in prison so they will have a good job when they are rehabilitated?

Ah, right. In my view, it would be better to provide the two-year schooling necessary, let them take the exam, then, for those that pass, tell them they can't have the license because their felons, that the whole episode was just a big joke.