Caliche buster for real men

Among some various other pics I have posted to other newsgroups, here are a couple of pictures of a hoe ram they use in Las Vegas. Extreme SW Vegas, Blue Diamond and Fort Apache area.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:31:54 -0800, "Steve B"

From the picture I cannot see the bit. They are about 5-6 inches in diameter. I've been told, these bits even break in caliche.
Oh. Don't try to sleep during the day when this thing is operating within in a mile of your home. How can that operator sit there all day? :-/
Honey, the bed ran out of quarters!
Oren wrote:

A hydraulic breaker is a good alarm clock. I had some protruding rocks to deal with in a semi-gravel driveway and rented a mid sized Bobcat with a hydraulic breaker. 7:45am, have my coffee and breakfast sandwich, 7:55am start up the Bobcat and drive it over into position for the first rock, 8:00am pull the trigger and *bam bam bam bam boom* no more rock. Tons of fun :)

For about $30 an hour, I'd say. Often time and a half or double time. A dollar a minute ain't bad.
Steve
On 3/7/2010 1:31 PM Steve B spake thus:

Nah, real men use dynamite.

- a Usenet "apology"

When I lived in the Tucson area, in the foothills of the Catalina mountains, we said there was two kinds of caliche. There was the stuff you had to dynamite and then there was the really hard stuff.
Now I am in SW Florida and live on a big sandpile.
Charlie