Calendar Hanging Tip

I cant be the only person who has spent years fighting with wall calendars. The holes in them are often so close to the edge that as soon as you hang them on a nail in the wall, the paper rips right by the hole. Over the years I have cussed repeatedly, applied paper clips, tape, and cussed more, and even trashed a few otherwise usable calendars.
Worse yet, when they are finally hanging, if you have enough humidity in the house, like from bathing or using a humidifier, the calendar curls. Arrrgggghhhhhhhhh.....
I just happened to be hanging my calendar when the hole ripped. I was also eating some potato chips, which I had sealed the bag with some of those spring loaded plastic clip devices you can buy almost anywhere to keep bags sealed. I think they are sold as "power clips". I grabbed one of them, and clipped the calendar in it. PROBLEM SOLVED, except there was no hole in the clip to hang it on the wall. A few seconds later with a 1/4" drill bit and my cordless drill, and I had a hole in the clip's handle. Making sure the head of my nail was not over 1/4", I slipped the clip on the nail, and the calendar is hanging properly, and will be easy to change next month.
The clip is about 4" wide, so the calendar should not curl. If it does, I'll look for a wider clip, or could probably glue a thin strip of aluminum to it, so it covers the whole width of the calendar.
I've been fighting with calendars for over 60 years, always wishing there would be a better way...... NOT NO MORE!
PS. I bought a three pack of those clips at the "Dollar Tree" store for a dollar.... Guess I'll have to buy a few more packs now!!!!
On 1/5/2015 1:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I've used those three hole punch paper reinforcements. Look like little doughnut. Probably dirt cheap at stationary store.
On 1/5/2015 12:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I use quite a few of the cheap clips from the Dollar Tree. The calendar I have isn't that bad about curling and what have you. It is one of the better (more expensive) ones. Of course I don't buy it until after Christmas when the price is cut in half.
Bill

While I'm certainly old enough to have had dustups with calendars for "over 60 yrs", I saved myself from this particular brand of grief when I discovered paper hole reinforcement stickers in grade school, about 59 yrs ago.
http://tinyurl.com/k5mzumh
nb

Also known as paper a**holes.
--
Dan Espen

Perhaps ....by some knuckle draggers.
nb
On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 00:57:18 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I use Google Calendar. You get email reminders of dates.
On 1/5/2015 1:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Arrow staple tacker, T-50 staples. Next year, pull the staples with diags. Why is that so challenging?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It gets messy as you staple up each succeeding month. By the end of the year you need 1/2" staples too.

You need to remember where the recommendation came from. Half-assed Stormy, and his "red-neck bungalow". After 12 months you have 48 pin-holes in the wall behind your calendar You can still buy the "re-enfocements" we all used to put on our pages in our 3-ring binders. Stick one on the back of each page and instead of using a nail with a head that you need to force the hole over every time you change a page or take down the calendar, hang it on a "monkey hook" - a bent peice of stainless steerl wire that makes a small hole in the drywall or wall-board and is good for a minimum of 20 lbs - it has a hook that holds things like calendars very well. You see the re-enforcement on the bottom of the calendar page - but it's white and you hardly notice it.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 15:37:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

We have had calendars for 17 years hanging on the same 3 penny nail. My wife hangs them up. Think she drove the nail too. It ain't rocket science, unless I'm missing something about her.