Calculating gallons used by a toilet

Page 1 of 2
I searched the internet and found some different formulas for calculating the volume of water used by a toilet.
I took measurements of a toilet made in the 1950's and the inside measurements of the bowl were 18 x 14 x 9 inches . The height was measured from the bottom of the bowl to the fill line.
Does anyone know the correct formula for calculating how many gallons that represents?
Thanks.

Who cares about measurements of tank, to figure usage turn off water, flush toilet, fill up till full with amount known, there is your usage.
WhiteTea77581 wrote:

fill line. Most tanks do not completely empty before the flapper closes.
WhiteTea77581 wrote:

goes from 2 to 6.75 inches. (6x19x4.75) = 541.5 cu in or 2.3 gallons per flush. What does a new toilet use?

2.3 isnt much, 1.6 is new low flush units and my old ones use near 5.

My daughter has one of new 1.6 gallon toilets.
I have nicknamed them "3 flushers".
Andy

Makes you pissed off and wanna return it...lodged turd and all.
WhiteTea77581 wrote:

No such problem here.
WhiteTea77581 wrote:

Depends on the amount of fiber in your diet. Increase your fiber for a one flush sitting.
Hipupchuck wrote:

Backwards. More fiber means more "floaters." More floaters means more flushes.
If you eat nothing but red meat ("sinkers"), you should be fine.
HeyBub wrote:

Keep your day job, you won't make it as a comedienne.
Andy
WhiteTea77581 wrote:

the government mandated lower volume toilets the manufacturers fitted smaller tanks without much thought. We have the newer version of the same toilet in another bathroom and it has a much larger fully glazed outlet and is a one flush version
ransley wrote:

An outhouse doesn't use any water. Every home should have one. Good emergency back too in case somebody is tying up the only bath.
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:43:54 -0400, Hipupchuck

1.6 gallons
1 galon = 231 cubic inches.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Thanks.
Andy
* Take the top off the tank. * Note the water level. * Turn the water supply off * FLush * Manually refill the tank measuring the water as you fill.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That 's retarded and inaccurate.
On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:29:08 -0400, Hipupchuck

    I take it anyone who does not agree with you is retarded and inaccurate?
    How do you figure it is inaccurate. I would suggest it is the most accurate method. You have something more accurate?