Cable TV and Internet from different providers over same coax

Hi,

We have one coax cable coming into the house for cable/internet services, but I'd like to use Dish for TV and Time Warner for broadband. Is it possible to duplex both signals on the same coax or will I need to run a second cable for one?

Just curious .. trying to save some time :)

Take care --

Sam

Reply to
Alex

satelite providers use dc on the coax to switch bands at the hub or antenna. So probably more hassle than it would be worth.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I suspect you will need to pull a dedicated coax for the internet. Mine is split on the outside of the house into a single feed for the cable and all the cable TV lines on a different splitter.

Reply to
Colbyt

No.

trying to save some time :)

Reply to
Limp Arbor

So you're switching from cable to Dish, or maybe you never had cable, No matter. Although it does show you can put "tv" and internet on the same cable.

Ask on sci.electronics.repair. They know lots of things.

Reply to
mm

Connect your cable modem directly to the coax that comes in from the cable company and use CAT-5 LAN or Wi-Fi to get it to your PC. There doesn't need to be any other connection from your TV cable to that . Your TV cable will be all satellite. If you have the Dish Dual tuner it might be best to use the RF out of the tuner to feed the rest of the house. Then you have 2 channels, one for each tuner. I have 3 dual tuner boxes, 4 channels plus channel 3 from my Replay TV so I have 5 channels on every other TV in the house and 2 RF connected remotes to select all satellite content on two of them.

Reply to
gfretwell