Cable Clamp Question.

I am using "Raco Squeeze Connector 1/2" Trade Size Nonmetallic Sheathed Cable" clamps to run some "12/2 with ground" cables. How many "12/2 with ground" cables can I run though one of these connectors? I'd like to run two of the cables through one connector.

The specs say... "Single Run 2#14 - 2#10, 3#14 or 3 #12 with or without ground. Double Run 2#14" ...but I don't know what that means. Here is the clamp in question:

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
john_williams1000

Two 14-2/wg or one of everything else.

Reply to
gfretwell

FYI - These things, around here, are generically referred to as "Romex Connectors". And as gfretwel said, you are only supposed to have one cable, with or without ground, per connector unless its 14 gauge wire then spec says two is OK. Does that mean you cant do it? Does that mean people don't do it?

If you DO do it, be careful you do not tighten the clamp too tight. I did this on a single run of 12/3 and the connector dug into the hot wire, hence making the entire box hot. Not a good situation. It took me a moment to figure out why the breaker would trip when the outlet was connected to the box and it wouldn't trip when the outlet was not screwed down!

Reply to
No

That connector allows only one cable of the various types. They (Raco) do make a duplex connector for two cables. There is a nice connector made by Arlington Industries, called a button, a simple plastic snap in plug that allows two cables at a time

Reply to
RBM

posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

I was going to reply that Raco has these out too and advertises two cables.

Ahh ya made me look & the link is:

Tekkie®