Cabinets Question

I will need to replace my kitchen cabinets during the next year or so, and have been going around pricing new ones. Home Depot has some I like but need to know more. They are made by American Woodmark. They have wooden doors but the inside is "cabinet wood" (I think that's what she called it). It is pressed board but it is supposed to be superior to other kinds. The sales person said that quality wise there is plywood, then cabinet wood and then pressed board. It sure looked better than the pressed board..appeared to be sealed. Anyone on here have any first hand experience with this stuff? How well does it hold up?

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

what about frameless cabinets? are they better?

C.A.

Reply to
Carpenter Ant

(The issue here is probably not what they are made of, assuming it is not MDF but rather how good the fasteners are and how the facings are attached to the cases. Cabinets that fall apart usually shed their facings.)

For me - the what they are made of matters because: I am the klutz that let water drip through the grout (groutless) part of ceramic tile countertop. Now part of the countertop sits a bit higher than the other. Don't want that to happen again. It's the reason for the new cabinets, too. The water caused swelling in another place and the door is permanently "ajar" about 1/8 in. but I can see it.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701