cabinet install question

    I'm gonna install new base cabinets in kitchen for the 1st time ever. Need advice on leveling hardware from anyone with experience. Sooooo many different types etc. I really like the "ez- level" system but they are way too expensive. I'd need about 15 'sets'. I'm looking for ease of use and sturdy. Thanks you all for help.
--
Ed Mc
Nam Vet '66-'67

Well built square and plumb cabinets should not need to do more than sit on a perfectly leveled floor. Most commercial cabinets are made to those standards. Consider getting a level floor to save all the aggravation. Also, it is critical that drywall behind the cabinets be absolutely flat and square to avoid nasty gaps needing some unsightly filler.
Joe

Start with a level floor and walls that are perpendicular to the floor and are flat so there willnot be any gaps or spaces between the cabinets and the walls. If the cabinets are commercially built, they should be square and not be a problem. If you are talking about leveling hanging wall cabinets, that is a little more complicated, but you said base cabinets.

I've used a couple of different brands, Blum was one. They all worked OK. But decent medium duty levelers are $3-4 each, so not much cheaper than the EZ-level. If you have more time than money, do it the way it's been done for ages, with wooden shims. Draw a level line 34.5" (or whatever suits your installation) up from the highest spot on the run of cabinets. Shim the backs to the line, and then use a level front to back and shim the fronts. Level the first cabinet, screw it in place, and go from there. It really doesn't take that long. And it's not like you will need to fuss with them once leveled, unless you anticipate the floor sagging, in which case you have bigger issues.
HTH,
Paul F.