Cabinet glass door

I'm learning how to make a cabinet. The one I have in mind is a small medicine cabinet, recess to the wall.

I'd like to have a door with wood frame and a glass panel. I know there is some kind of clip to clip the panel to the frame. I went to HD but they don't sell that kind of clip. They said their cabinet comes just like that.

Where can I find that type of clip? I don't want to glue the glass to the frame. Any suggestion(s) would be very much appreciated.

April

Reply to
April

HD sells thousands of items you don't need, none of what you do need.

go to

or
they carry specialty stuff like that. If you are doing woodworking, you will just love Lee Valley. They have the best customer service and return policy in the world. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I found it. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

April

Reply to
April

Reply to
nospambob

Great links thanks ya'all might try

Also great service, just happen to be local to me. Web site is an little to be desired straight pdf, but an 1-800 phone call and you will be sold if you out in the Western US

Reply to
SQLit

(Chuckle) I hear that, but Lowes does fine for the few things I do need.

But I'll keep those websites. Never know. :)

Reply to
Gene

Use a small molding around the glass to hold it in place or make your own wooden clips.

Reply to
Phisherman

N > Couple of different ways of doing this, one uses pointed sheet metal N > "things" that slide aloing the glass pushing the pointed end into N > surrounding wood. Look at wwhardware.com for similar things. Visit a N > REAL hardware store and forget HD.

I think you're suggesting "glazers points" for window glass.

Another option would be to "make a picture frame" out of wood lath or something thin. The inside edge would hold the glass in; the outside is screwed into the cabinet frame (I'd drill pilot holes so as to not split the wood).

  • You're not shy, you're "conversationally selective".
Reply to
barry martin

stained glass stores have them.

you're looking for these: