Cabinet Drawer Help Needed

We had new cabinets custom made three years ago. One of the drawers would sometimes open by itself ... but it was just an occasional thing. For the past week or so, the drawer opens repeatedly. We close it, a few seconds later it pops out again. It is the main silverware drawer and the only one large enough to hold silverware so I can't stop using it. Does anyone know what might cause this? Why would it suddenly start doing this now? I have no idea what to do to fix it. Anybody else know?

The drawer tracks are running downhill either because of mis- installation, or the cabinet has been shimmed wrong. You may have monster granite countertops crushing the cabinet structure and making the tilt. Look at leveling the drawer tracks first as that will be the most likely and simplest solution. HTH
Joe
The drawer tracks are running downhill either because of mis- installation, or the cabinet has been shimmed wrong. You may have monster granite countertops crushing the cabinet structure and making the tilt. Look at leveling the drawer tracks first as that will be the most likely and simplest solution. HTH
Joe
Or could be some house settling on top of that. Check the floor level also.
Dottie,
Get a level and see whether that drawer or that cabinet is level. Correct the level problem if there is one. If that's not the problem or fixing it would be too much work, consider installing a magnetic catch like those used for cabinet doors. Google door catches for other options but the magnets are easy.
Dave M.
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 19:53:34 -0500, "David L. Martel"

Dottie wrote:

Something in the drawer wants out?