Cabinet building Books?

I am putting a stereo setup in a closet in my basement. I have finally realized that what I am making is actually a fancy cabinet. Well not even fancy, just big.

Does anyone know of any good books on cabinet construction that will give me a foundation on how to make this thing. I can imagine in my head how to do it, but I assume a book can help me avoid some simple mis-steps.

Thanks for your recommendations. Recommended websites are also useful.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

look in your local library for kitchen cabinet books, and just scale them up.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Lirbary eh. I keep forgetting we have those :) I like one to keep as a reference though, since im not a 'professiona;' and will forget this stuff since i wont use it frequently.

Probably am be> look in your local library for kitchen cabinet books, and just scale them > up.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Taunton's books are always good. This one is for trim and built-ins

is a good combination if you want to dress up that plain jane box.

Taunton also has videos, like this one on building kitchen cabinets:

you watch the video and take care of it, you could sell it on eBay for a good percentage of full price. The things hold their value pretty well.

RicodJour

I sendond the taunton book reference. Also - Look into equipment racks like for computer rooms. Also, get a copy of Rockler and Lee Valley hardware catalogs. They will have some stuff for you to help make pull out shelves, etc. Lstly - post your question to rec.woodworking. Its an active woodworking newsgroup. Post there when you are a bit further along and have specific woodworking questions. Good luck and take some pictures. Lets us know how it turns out.

No