CA may require CFL

"A California lawmaker wants to make his state the first to ban incandescent lightbulbs as part of California's groundbreaking initiatives to reduce energy use and greenhouse gases blamed for global warming."
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=scienceNews&storyid 07-01-31T020531Z_01_N30344683_RTRUKOC_0_US-ENERGY-CALIFORNIA-LIGHTBULBS.xml&src=rss&rpc"

Not too suprising, given CA's history. Next they'll be passing a law that you have to eat a vegetarian meal, with no cooking allowed.

As a Bible student, I can tell you that Adam & Eve were vegetarians. It was only Noah and his decendants that were allowed to eat meat.
Adam & Eve started out in trouble. By the time we get to Noah, the world was so hoplessly depraved, wicked, and corrupt that God had to destroy it and start over.
I suspect there IS a connection between vegetarianism and debauchery.
California is empirical proof.

I've heard THAT before, and seen no actual evidence for it.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Beer is vegetarian. :-)
On 1 Feb 2007 12:34:35 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

Cows are vegetarians, so you can still eat those...
CWM

One of the quotations in my file is "The best way to enjoy a vegetarian diet is to feed it to a cow, and eat the cow".
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Exactly. Vegetables are not food. Vegetables are what food eats.

Beef is one of the things I like best. Maybe that has something to do with growing up on a farm where we raised cows.
The farm is still there. Of course there's ANOTHER thing you can find there, but that's not to eat. However it does remind me of something that gets posted on usenet a lot.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote:

I did, but we're not eating US beef again until they start doing more than token testing for BSE.
Maybe that has something to do

aem sends...
Charlie Morgan wrote:

I always say, you are what you eat, and I know cows eat vegetables, so cows must be vegetables and that makes me a vegetarian.
--
"Nowadays, security guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day,
they come out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally.

No, that would make you a vegetable.
CWM
I'll have to be a bulb bootlegger selling the old bulbs from my trunk!!!!!

On 31 Jan 2007 14:50:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Along with the illegal toilets.

And showerheads.
--