c1918 door hardware needed

Our house, built c1918, is missing several of the glass door knobs, the square "axels" they mount to and some of the other bits. Where can I buy these? My wife saw a place at a mall a few months ago, but the prices are way too high. I checked the local places, no one had any of this stuff.
PS: Fluidmaster toilet parts rock...I had a toilet that leaked on and off even with new guts. I put in Fluidmaster 400 parts, no more leak in MONTHS.
"rickm" wrote in message

<http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=glass+door+knobs&ht=1&sosort property=1&from=R10&BasicSearch>
"Duke" wrote

http://tinyurl.com/ys3t7
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMhotmail.com wrote:

Check out http://www.vandykes.com or
http://www.vandykes.com/search.php?PHPSESSIDP33e6e95da7129431295ebe9c39b 964&q=glass+door+knobs

Call 1-800-558-1234 for a free catalog or see www.vandykes.com. Once you get a restoration catalogue like this, if you don't find your door knobs there you are almost certain to in the half-dozen other restoration catalogues that will soon appear in your mailbox.
Another way: haunt salvage shops--they might have what you want, with a slight patina of age, at a much lower price.
Good luck! zemedelec
rickm wrote:

eBay, just search for "doorknob". There's tons of 'em there. I bought about 50 antique brass doorknobs on eBay last winter and adapted them to the 20 year old Schlage doorknob sets all over our colonial style home.
Jeff
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to blame it on."

google for door knobs. When I replaced everything in my home last year I found at least a dozen stores with glass or crystal knobs, some in colors. Bring your banker for creative fininancing. Some were $40 each per knob, that is $80 a door. Out of my range.