Bypassing Electric Meter

Awhile ago I heard about a guy who stole power by using auto jumper cables attached to a tree pole pruner, jumping out the meter attaching directly to the copper uninsulated service line......

he had a tree shaded area to work..

Reply to
hallerb

bullshit! total bullshit Eric

Reply to
Eric

Certainly tampering is one form of "problem" new digital meters are designed to detect. Almost any service issue can be detected, the level in your case would be, it would all depend on the level of sophistication of the particular meter design/manufacturer they went to. Unbalanced legs, low voltage, off-frequency, many neutral or ground problems all can be detected. Most of these use a wireless network or proprietary transmission protocol connection and either they use a mobile receiver and drive around to various locations to collect data from an area or have collection "stations" that then forward the data back to central office.

Reply to
dpb

Some newer meter sockets are self-bypassing when the meter is unplugged. No interruption in service either. I was told this by the power company guy who was swapping out meters under load.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

Taking notes?

:p

Reply to
Tom The Great

Who makes these? I haven't seen one yet.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's down right shocking

Reply to
sosessyithurts

Those guys make "Chump Change"

Reply to
MLR

These gro-ops are a landlord's nighmare. Growing pot requires a lot of water that the plants then transpire. That results in high humidity and condensation on the walls, etc. There will be structural damage to the house, especially in houses that are built in localities with a long winter. Furthermore the chemicals used in the gro-op and along with the drug by-products will contaminate the house. A police bust will have it condemned as unfit for human habitation. That house will be a total loss and insurance won't pay for that.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

It's like installing a fuse...plus isn't it just secondary power 120/240... Just don't ground when installing jumper...or between phases.

Reply to
John doooh

replying to Al Moran, gangerelectricm8 wrote: not reeal m88'tz

Reply to
gangerelectricm8

replying to PaPaPeng, Femi wrote: This is such bullshit. I have been a part of 6 grow houses, nit one damaged the house in those ways. In the grow operation, if you know what you're doing you keep the temperature and the humidity in an acceptable range, and that range does not damaged houses is the same range that humans live in. Humidity between 45 + 55% and temperature between 72 and 84 degrees Fahrenheit. That does not damage a house. You are so full of shit.

Reply to
Femi
daddypuppymcgraw

That is called stealing.

The Eighth Commandment is recorded in Exodus 20:15: “You shall not steal.” The Bible describes many forms of stealing we must avoid.

Reply to
A K

To answer the question, it's not hard to bypass a meter without killing yourself. The hard part is making it so it's not visible, not detected and not getting caught.

Reply to
trader_4

replying to PaPaPeng, Erik Jon wrote: Wow this is the either official propaganda or you're retarded.

Reply to
Erik Jon